Reasons Why Dog Training is So Important
- Obedience and Control.
- Strengthens the bond between the pet and the owner, dog walking
- Relieves boredom, so you see less of it in the pet.
- Deals with behavior issues.
- Helps build self-confidence and mold your pet into an enjoyable companion.
- Helps develop the socialization skills that are so important in well-behaved pets.
- Helps provide the proper amount of exercise required to maintain proper mental and physical health in your pet.
See our training class options below:
This class covers house breaking, household manners (waiting at doors), biting, jumping chewing, barking, digging, sniffing, walking on-lead, staying in the yard, basic health, emergency care, grooming tips, teeth care, and flea control.
This class covers on-lead training, walking on lead, heeling, sit & wait, down & wait, changing speeds, changing directions, moving in and out of a crowd, stand for an examination, figure 8, recall (come), and finish (return to heel).
This class covers the beginning of off lead training, walking on and off lead, heeling, sit & wait, down & wait, changing speeds, changing directions, moving in and out of a crowd, stand for an examination, figure 8, recall (come), and finish (return to heel).
Prerequisite Novice I
Prerequisite Novice II
On lead rules and regulations, bar jump, wing jump, tire, tunnel, chute, teeter-totter, A-frame, dog walk, platform (sit & down), weave poles.
Prerequisite: Novice I obedience class
This class begins covering off lead bar jump, wing jump, tire, tunnel, chute, teeter-totter, A-frame, dog walk, platform (sit & down), weave poles.
Prerequisites: Beginner’s Agility, Novice I and Novice II Obedience Classes
Prerequisites: Beginner’s Agility and Agility I.
Lodge and Learn/ Play and Learn
LaBest has behavioral counselors on staff who can help with problems ranging from aggression to separation anxiety, hyperactivity to problems with rescued or adopted pets. Consultations can be done in person or by phone.
Private training sessions are great for pets (or owners) who need one on one training focusing on specific issues and needs.
Home training sessions are used to observe and train pets in their natural environment. If pets are having issues with people or other pets in their own environment, it is important to have the involved people or pets available during training. Videos of your home session are available for purchase. When setting up home sessions we encourage the whole family, friends, neighbors to attend. People who are in the dog’s life on a regular basis will need to be on the same page when it comes to changing the dog’s thought process.
LaBest Pet Resort offers many different services, such as Obedience classes, Behavior Modification, Agility training, and In Kennel Training. We even offer Home Sessions and Private Sessions!
- Trick Training – Shake, Rollover, Play Dead, and many many more. If you can think it than we can teach it.
- Agility Training – Dogs can learn tunnel, chute, to jump through a tire, sit on a table, teeter-totter, and the A-Frame. All activity training sessions are three objects for the price of one.
- Retrieval Work – Fetching, Go Dog Go, Hunting Technique Through Play.
- Basic Obedience – Sit, Come, Down, Wait, Slow, Fast, On and Off Lead Control.
- Behavioral Training – Biting, Chewing, Digging, Barking, Household Manners, fears and phobias and much more.
- Elevator, Stair-stepping, and more!
- We also do specialty training and mini training sessions along with our classes.
- Special Training includes Hunting, Retrieval, Disability, CGC, Therapy Training, Tracking, Search and Rescue, and Service dogs for individuals.
- Canine Good Citizen Training and Testing
- In Home Training Sessions
- Class Groups
- Mini Training Sessions
- Training Videos
- Conformation and Competition Obedience Sessions (upon request)
- Private Training Sessions
- Boarding/Training Packages
- La Best Pet Resort has Dog and Cat CPR mannequins. You can earn a certification card from the American Red Cross.
- Because the safety of our guests is our top priority we require that all pets visiting LaBest Pet Resort and Spa be current on all vaccinations, for dogs this includes Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus, Bordetella, and Canine Influenza. Feline vaccinations required include Rabies, FVRCP, and Feline Leukemia. An official copy of vaccinations from your veterinarian’s office is required to be faxed, emailed, or delivered to LaBest prior to your visit. Hand-written records or owner-administered vaccinations will not be accepted
- LaBest Pet Resort and Spa asks that all pets are enrolled in classes prior to class start date. Upon enrollment a non-refundable $50.00 deposit will be required.
- All clients of LaBest Pet Resort and Spa are required to have a completed and signed Owner’s Agreement on file prior to their visit.
- LaBest requires that all pet’s nails are kept short for the safety of both the pets in our care and our staff. If a pet’s nails are too long, LaBest will trim the nails at the owner’s expense.